Textile Cutting/Spreading Machine Operator
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and hard working individual to join our production team as our Textile cutting/spreading machine operator. This role is a full time entry level position. The fabric cutter will be responsible to set up, manage and operate the digital fabric cutting machine to cut textile patterns to meet daily requirements.
- Setup and run production on a digital fabric cutter to deliver cut textile patterns
- Spread fabric according to specifications
- Inspect material rolls to ensure they meet quality expectations and communicate any issues to the Production Supervisor
- Set up and change fabric rolls according to the production schedule
- Setup of cutting jobs on a fabric cutter according to the schedule
- Accurately read production sheets and schedule lists
- Maintain consistently production standards
- Recut products rejected by the Quality inspector
- Sort styles within the batch to ensure efficient usage and yield of Textile rolls
- Examine cut fabric before passing onto sewing operators
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1+ years experience in manufacturing or apparel industry
- Experience using industrial cutting machines considered an asset
- Quick learner to be trained on FREED processes
- Knowledge of quality standards
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong work ethic
- Familiarity with basic hand tools including scissors, knife, seam ripper, mallet, etc.
- Able to read and follow Upholstery production flow
- Experience in a fast paced factory setting
- A family-like environment – we are a small but mighty team that works hard together!
- A business-casual dress code - our dress code matches our laid-back but professional work environment
- Benefits coverage including health and dental
- Continuous improvement and development - we always look to our employees for ideas to improve efficiency and grow with our team
- We require our employees to obtain full vaccination of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada, prior to the start date, with exceptions granted only as required under the Manitoba Human Rights Code. This is in keeping with our duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, and is based on strong evidence of vaccine effectiveness in preventing serious illness and death. All employees are required to wear a mask when working at the office, common surfaces will be sanitized regularly.