With a rich history spanning a century, Winnipeg based garment manufacturer Freed & Freed has made a name for itself in the apparel industry. As a prominent clothing manufacturer, we offer both onshore and offshore production capabilities, as well as our own in-house line of high-quality coats. Over the years, we have established ourselves as a trusted partner for many of Canada's most recognized clothing brands. Our unwavering commitment to excellence, coupled with our deep industry expertise, has earned us a reputation as a reliable and innovative leader in the garment manufacturing space. At our core, we provide our clients with exceptional service and are committed to delivering top-notch products that exceed their expectations.
Freed & Freed is in search of a highly skilled, detail and growth oriented Financial Controller, reporting directly to the President. The controller will play a lead role in strategic planning, budget development, financial reporting, and risk management. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the overall financial operations of the firm, providing timely and accurate information, including financial reports, budgeting, forecasting and analysis. Ultimately, you’re responsible for continuing the success of our daily business practices — and ushering in a new era of growth at Freed.
The successful candidate will interact frequently with management and the operational teams to ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of all reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate regularly with the President on issues, concerns, or potential costs to the organization.
- Oversee month-end and year-end close processes with preparing accurate monthly financial statements including all supporting reconciliations and schedules.
- Coordinate and prepare internal financial statements.
- Analyze production costs and efficiencies, recommending changes as necessary.
- Oversee regulatory reporting, sometimes including international tax planning and compliance.
- Oversee Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable, ensuring documentation is appropriately matched, coded and approved prior to payment.
- Apply and manage government grants.
- Support payroll processing and reporting.
- Interpret and analyze corporate financial performance and variance analysis of financial results against budget.
- Provide financial analysis and assist in contract negotiation.
- Ensure compliance with provincial and federal government requirements and remittances.
- Ensure the reconciliation of all related party transactions and balances.
- Liaise with external accountants and auditors for year-end closing.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Work with management team to develop long-term strategic initiatives and provide management with information vital to the decision-making process.
- Develop comprehensive budget and perform monthly budget analysis.
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, developing, and implementing new processes, policies, and strategies to ensure data accuracy and risk mitigation.
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Analyzes production costs and efficiencies, recommending changes as necessary.
- Establish cost parameters and manage the overall P&L of this company.
- We value diversity and welcome all applications. Please advise us if an accommodation is required for reason of disability for the application and/or interview process.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted for an initial interview process.
- All applicants to apply online to Lynn Wiens at email@example.com
We serve people our products and services.
With 100 years of manufacturing expertise, let Freed & Freed take care of your production with ease. We are known for quality and specialize in outerwear, but have a broad range of experience across all garment types. We are a full service shop and can handle all parts of the manufacturing process from design concept to final production.